Nose surgery is also known as rhinoplasty.
Nose surgery is designed to repair or reshape the nose by improving the appearance and/or function of the nose. A septoplasty can also be performed at the same time if you have blocked nasal passages. Nose surgery can be performed for a medical or cosmetic reason.
You may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty if:
- You want to straighten a crooked nose
- You want to make your nose look more symmetrical
- You think your nose is too big or too small
- You want to correct a hump deformity
- You have breathing difficulties
- You want to correct a birth defect or repair damage from disease
- You want to repair your nose after trauma/damage
Dr Miteff may request that you have a CT scan to look at the bony structure of your nose and internal nasal airways if you have breathing difficulties or a history of nasal trauma.
Rhinoplasty surgery is performed at Lingard Private Hospital or Warners Bay Private Hospital. You will stay overnight and will be discharged the following morning.